Pages

fail.

I dropped the bar Monday.  Literally.  I didn't know my max weight for back squats and took on too much too fast.  What kills me is that I should have known better.  I came up and down twice and decided to go for a third.  I knew it was too much.  THEN when I got down there and got stuck I didn't bail on the bar.  I crumpled.  They even taught us how to drop that bar in a back squat (Thank you, Bledsoe!  I'll try to remember that lesson next time).  And yet, I crumpled.  The bar hit me at the base of my neck and bounced around a bit as I tried to hold on and slowly fall to the floor.  What a way to start a workout. 

The rest of the workout went off without a hitch.  Confidence shot, however, it felt a little like crap.  But I did it.  And yesterday I overcame a mental block: box jumps.  During the warm up I couldn't get up there 3 times.  I decided to move on and come back to that later... didn't happen.  When it came time to work out and I realized that I had to do 70 of them I didn't know what I would do.  I looked at the big box and tried it.  Couldn't get myself to jump.  Looked at the small box and had the same results.  Since it was obviously a mental thing (and because I was embarrassed to be the only one with a tiny box) I grabbed the big box and prepped for the dead lifts.  I think it took me a minute and half to get through that first set of 10 box jumps (ridiculous).  I swear, if those coaches do sit down and make fun of us after hours I'm one of the people they talk about.  By my seventh set I was much more speedy.  Hopefully I've conquered that fear.  I should be on to bigger and better embarrassments at crossfit. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment