Pages

Food Journal

3/8/11 (yesterday)
  • Two eggs
  • Chai Tea w/ Coconut Milk
  • "Breakfast Squash"- half roasted acorn squash, ground sausage, and egg roasted together in oven
  • Chai Tea w/ Coconut Milk
  • Workout Shake (Coconut Water and Whey Protein)
  • Coconut Shrimp (here) with garlic sauteed broccoli 
  • Paleo Vanilla Ice Cream w/ honey drizzled on top
So it's occurred to me (writing this now) that while my diet may be very paleo and even very good for maintaining weight it may be a little heavy on the treat side and may not really spur weight loss.   We'll see.  Also, should I rely on coconut as a staple?  I may be overdoing that some.  I had a coconut product with every meal.

3/9/11 (Today)
  • 3 Egg Cupcakes (here)
  • Chai Tea w/ Coconut Milk
  • Can of Tuna with Tbsp of Mayo
  • 1 cup Broccoli
  • Coconut Date Roll
  • Handful of Walnuts and Grapes for a snack
  • Chocolate Protein Workout Shake (yum yum!)
  • African Beef Curry (one of my all time favorites) w/ Cauliflower Coconut Pittu
Today I had approximately 1200 calories, 75 g carbs (55 g net), 52 g fat, and 130 g protein.  I think that's just about right.  My omega 6/3 ratio seemed a little skewed.  I need to add my fish oil back in.  I've been slacking.  Also, I need to drink more water.  I wake up thirsty in the middle of the night.  That'll be my goal for tomorrow.  That, and to convince myself to go to crossfit with the devil of a workout scheduled.  Ugh.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment